A. Upgrading Visions
- Use these instructions if you are upgrading Visions to the current version.
- You may have entered data into the current year, and if so, you will have to make a backup of it.
- Important Notes:
- The current version will contain all archived data from prior years
- The current version will contain no current student data.
B. Backing Up Your Data
- Launch VScore or AScore from the Start>Programs>Visions>VScore (or AScore)
- Enter your user information as Username: dbuser, Password: treefrog [all lowercase].
- In the Menu window, use the year pulldown to make sure that you have selected the current school year.
- click the little green buttons to the far right of school and teacher to
clear those two fields so that all schools and all teachers show at the left of the fields.
- Click button 6, distribute.
- On the window that appears, click button 1, all distribution info, to export all current data.
This will include any student scores you may have entered since you imported the original distribution.
- Back in the Menu, click quit.
C. Removing Visions
- From the Start menu: All Programs> Visions> Remove> Remove Visions
- Click Yes.
- When Uninstall is successfully completed, Click OK.
D. Downloading Visions
- Get Internet Explorer and go to http://www.larkandowl.net
- Click the Software icon
- Click the Visions icon
- Username: dbuser, Password: treefrog – Note that user name and password must be all
- From the next Internet Explorer window, under the Visions icon, click Download Visions.
- From File Download dialog box, click Save.
- In the little window at the top of the Save As dialog box, click the arrow on the right, and choose Desktop.
At the bottom right, click the Save button. This
will take about 4-5 minutes. Don’t do anything else on your computer while Visions downloads.
- When the dialog box tells you the download is complete, close that window
and close Internet Explorer.
E. Installing Visions
- On your Desktop, find Visions-Setup.exe. The icon looks like a computer. Double-click the
- You may be asked to verify the publisher, especially if you have virus protection software. If that window appears, click
OK or Run.
- Click Next 3 times.
- When the dialog box says Finished, click Close.
F. Importing Your Data
- [using VScore as example] Go to Start>Programs>Visions>VScore.
- You will be asked to put in a user name and a password. Highlight whatever username shows up
and replace it with dbuser. In the password field, type treefrog, all
in lower case letters.
- On the menu screen, make sure that the current year is selected in the year pulldown, and
that school and teacher are blank.
- Click button 5, import.
- On the Import Startup screen, click Import.
- On the Music Visions Data Import screen, under teacher,
click button 1, all distributed data. This
will take a few seconds.
- Now, back on the Menu screen, select your school and yourself from the
pull-down menus. Click button 4, students. You
should now see only your students from the school you selected. If you have two schools, change the school to see those students.
- You may now begin or continue entering scores.