A. Installing Visions for the First Time
- Use these instructions if you are installing Visions for the first time. That is, the current version of the product has
never been on your machine, or you are not interesting in preserving data in a prior version.
- It may be necessary to remove a prior version, so those instructions are provided.
- Important Notes:
- The current version will contain all archived data from prior years
- The current version will contain
no current student data.
B. Downloading Visions
- Get Internet Explorer and go to http://www.larkandowl.net
- Click the Software icon.
- Click the Visions icon
- Username: dbuser, Password: treefrog – Note that
the password must be all lower case.
- From the next Internet Explorer window, under the Visions icon, click Download Visions.
- From File Download dialog box, click Save.
- In the little window at the top of the Save As dialog box, click the arrow on the right, and choose Desktop.
At the bottom right, click the Save button. This
will take about 4-5 minutes. Don’t do anything else on your computer while Visions downloads.
- When the dialog box tells you the download is complete, close that window
and close Internet Explorer.
C. Removing Visions
- From the Start menu: All Programs> Visions> Remove> Remove Visions
- Click Yes.
- When Uninstall is successfully completed, Click OK.
D. Installing Visions
- On your Desktop, find Visions-Setup.exe. The icon looks like a computer. Double-click the
- You may be asked to verify the publisher, especially if you have virus protection software. If that window appears, click
OK or Run.
- Click Next 3 times.
- When the dialog box says Finished, click Close.
F. Getting New Data from the DBA
- [using VScore as example] Go to Start>Programs>Visions>VScore>Export>VScore Export. A
window containing files will appear. Leave it open.
- Go to Groupwise and open the email from the Database Administrator. You will see 4 files attached at the bottom. Select all
4 and drag them to the Export window.
- You will be asked if you want to replace the current files with the new ones. Click Yes to All.
G. Importing Your Data
- [using VScore as example] Go to Start>Programs>Visions>VScore.
- You will be asked to put in a user name and a password. “treefrog” will come up as the username. Highlight it
and type with dbuser. In the password field, type treefrog, all
in lower case letters.
- On the menu screen, make sure that the current year is selected in the year pulldown, and
that school and teacher are blank.
- Click button 5, import.
- On the Import Startup screen, click Import.
- On the Music Visions Data Import screen, under teacher,
click button 1, all distributed data. This
will take a few seconds.
- Now, back on the Menu screen, select your school and yourself from the
pull-down menus. Click button 4, students. You
should now see only your students from the school you selected. If you have two schools, change the school to see those students.
- You may now begin or continue entering scores.