AScore: Art Visions Scoring System
||Help Table of Contents
||This page defines the procedure by which the AScore may be stored and saved, and
the database prepared for the next year's work.
- Copy the the entire AScore folder off to a CDROM or other permanent storage
- Re-enter the AScore Main Menu and choose only the year being archived
(no school, no teacher).
- Go to Students.
- Click the green Delete All button,
and confirm the choice (presuming that your backup copy is viable).
- Go back to the Main Menu and push the Clear All button in the lower
right hand corner.
- Push the green edit All Yearly Data
button to bring up the yearly data file.
- Follow the procedure described in the Steps
help page for creating a new yearly data record using the New
button. See also Yearly Data.
|| Archiving to a CDROM or similar read-only storage media is a good strategy because it prevents
change and avoids error-prone shuffling around of part of the database. Yearly data records
never vanish from any copy of the database. However, to view data on a particular student
from a previous year, you would have to get out the CDROM and open the database directly from
Archiving in this manner is a good strategy as well, because from year to year, keyed and
referenced items such as school abbreviations or teachers may change. Retired teachers' records
may be deleted after archiving.